Pro-Property’s accountants are an integral part of the property management team and are supported by the best accounting computer software available.
- Preparation of a draft Annual Estimate of Income and Expenditure and the determination of levies.
- Periodic review of the structure of expenditure (Cash flow)
- Assist the Board in presenting the Budget at the Annual General Meeting.
- The collection and receipt of levies (special levies) and other income.
- Pro-Property sends out statements to owners on a monthly basis.
- Attending to the collection of outstanding levies – focusing on minimising arrears.
- Exercising reasonable credit control to the point of commencement of legal action.
- Verification and payment of accounts.
- Payment of salaries, wages, PAYE, UIF, and WCA to statutory bodies.
- Operate a bank account on behalf of a Board. (A separate Trust Account is opened for Bodies Corporate and Associations in terms of Section 32 of the Estate Agents Act).
- Payments are made electronically.
- Investment of reserve funds.
Reporting / Control
Preparation of monthly reports to management:
Expenditure Actual vs. Budget (Ytd)
Assisting the Board in presenting the Audited Financial Statements at the Annual General Meeting.
Secretary & Registered Office
Pro-Property perform secretarial functions and provide the registered office facilities, handle all the statutory paperwork required by the Registrar of Companies / Company’s Act / Sectional Titles Act and Community Scheme Ombud Service (CSOS)
Fidelity Insurance & Professional Indemnity Insurance
South African Institute of PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANTS (SAIPA) professional indemnity policy covers the Insured against their legal liability to pay compensation to third parties, including legal fees, as a result of any actual or alleged negligent act, error or omission in the performance of the Professional Duties of the Insured undertaken in the course of the business.
As a member of the Estate Agency Board our fidelity insurance cover extends to our clients’ funds.